Move-In Weekend Directions and Rules
Welcome to campus! We are excited you are here. As you can imagine, move-in is always an extremely busy time at Winthrop University. To make the move-in process easier and to ensure a smooth flow to the weekend, it is important that the following directions and rules are obeyed.
- All students moving into Wofford or Richardson on Friday August 19, 2016 will check in at Dinkins Hall. Following check in, they will proceed down Oakland Avenue to Stewart Avenue. They will turn right onto Stewart Avenue and then right onto campus at Ebenezer Avenue. They will proceed left onto Alumni Drive and follow Alumni Drive to Founders Lane. They will turn right onto Founder Lane and then an immediate left into the parking lot which will take them to the designated unloading area. Signs will be posted directing visitors and students to Wofford and Richardson. Upper classmen checking in on Saturday or Sunday should report directly to their Residence Hall.
- All students moving into West Thomson will check in at West Thomson, but will enter campus the same way as those coming to Wofford and Richardson.
- All students moving into East Thomson, Phelps, and Lee Wicker will check in at their respective Residence Halls and will enter campus at the main entrance on Eden Terrace at Oakland Avenue. They will follow signs to the designated unloading areas for these Residence Halls.
- All students moving into Margaret Nance will check in at Margaret Nance and will enter campus at the main entrance on Eden Terrace at Oakland Avenue and follow the signs to the designated unloading area in the back of Margaret Nance.
- All students moving into Roddey Apartments will check in at Roddey Apartments and will enter campus from either Stewart Avenue or Oakland Avenue. Signage will be posted in the median of Oakland Avenue.
- All students moving into the Courtyard will check in at the Courtyard and will enter from Columbia Avenue. Signage will be posted on Alumni Drive.