Traffic and Parking
Violations, Penalties, and Bonds
Penalties and bonds are payable in person, on-line, or by mail at the Winthrop University Cashiers Office between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Penalties and bonds for moving violations will be determined by the appropriate court authorities.
Other Violations and Penalties
- Parking in a Fire Zone - $30 fine
- Parking in a Wrong Area - $25 fine
- Failure to register vehicle - $80 fine
- Parking in front of a dumpster - $30 fine
- Blocking disabled ramps or curb cuts - $30 fine
- Altering parking permit - $30 fine
- Improper or no display of parking permit - $35 fine
- Failure to stop at a stop sign - $35 fine (or state penalties)
- Speeding - $55 fine (repeat violators are subject to state penalties)
- Improper use of disabled space - $200 state citation or discretion of court
- Citations with two or more violations (excluding Failure to Register Vehicle) - $45 fine
Parked Vehicle Violations
All fines are $25 unless otherwise noted.
- First offense - $25.00
- Second offense - $25.00
- Third offense - $30.00
- Fourth offense -$35.00 - towed vehicle and loss of parking privilege until the start of the following fall semester
- Fifth and subsequent offenses - $55 - towed vehicle and loss of parking privilege until the start of the following fall semester
State Citations may be issued for any violation at officer's discretion. State citations will be paid through the City of Rock Hill Municipal Court.
Purple Heart parking spaces will be enforced by Campus Police and the Parking Officers. Violators will be cited for parking in the wrong location and can be towed for excessive violations. Those not having the proper plate and/ or permit will be cited.