Traffic and Parking
Authorized parking areas (as indicted by signs and/or painted lines)
- Faculty/Staff parking only - vehicles bearing F/S permits. (garnet lines)
- Resident Student Parking Only - Vehicles bearing (R) permits. (white lines)
- Commuter Student Parking Only - vehicles bearing (C) permits. (white lines)
- Disabled Parking Only- vehicles bearing (D) permits. (blue lines)
- Courtyard Parking Only - vehicles bearing (CY) permits are only permitted to park in the Courtyard lots.
- Purple Heart Parking Only- vehicles bearing DMV Purple Heart license plate AND WU permit -OR- WU permit bearing PH designation. If these spaces are occupied by other PH veterans, the student must then park in the designated area indicated by the parking permit affixed to their vehicle. The Purple Heart plate or the special letters on the WU permit will not allow the veteran to park in Disabled or Faculty/ Staff spaces.
Designated Areas of F/S Parking
Parking on campus in F/S spaces is prohibited until evening hours as posted on signage.
Places You Should Not Park
- Any Visitor parking space if you are a Faculty/Staff member or a Student.
- On a pedestrian crosswalk
- Disabled parking areas (blue curbs)
- Reserved spaces - unless authorized - 7 days a week
- Where there are "No Parking" signs
- Loading zones beyond posted time limit (15 minutes)
- All areas not specifically designated for parking are considered "No Parking Zones"
- Where there is two-way traffic, you should not park left of the center line (left wheels to the curb)
- In front of dumpsters
- Fire zones
- Unmarked spaces
- Closed areas or areas signified as closed by traffic cones
All areas not specifically designated for parking are considered "No Parking" zones.
Parking regulations are enforced during the summer and all holidays when faculty and staff are scheduled to work.
Emergency flashers do not permit illegal parking.
Designated parking areas have been established at the coliseum and related recreational areas. These areas will be patrolled and parking regulations will be enforced. Failure to comply with posted speed limits and parking regulations will result in citations and/or towing of vehicles.
Safety is a priority on this campus. For this reason backing into angled, curbed and bumpered spaces is prohibited.