What to Bring to Orientation
Freshman Summer Sessions Only
For your stay on campus, you will need to bring:
- new/gently used books for children/teens for our literacy program
- completed health and immunizations forms
- extra long twin-sized sheets OR two twin-sized flat sheets
- pillow, blanket
- towels & toiletries
- alarm clock
- comfortable clothes and closed toe shoes (plus athletic clothes)
- pens and pencils
- money for optional recreational activities
- swimsuit & athletic attire
Rooms do not have telephones, but a phone is available in the lobby for local calls. You may want to bring money for a visit to the Winthrop Bookstore.
Immunizations (ALL students)
All students are required to fill out the Health and Counseling Services Immunization Form including the TB screening questionnaire on page 2 and have documentation/verification of the following vaccinations (listed on page 2) before being allowed to register for classes.
· Two MMR vaccinations (Measles, Mumps, & Rubella) or blood titers showing immunity
· Tetanus within the past ten years
You may use the immunization form (pdf - 461.76 KB) which was mailed to you in your acceptance folder or you can obtain one online.
Students who have not completed their immunization requirements can go to Health Services during Orientation for these vaccinations. The charges for immunizations will be added to the student’s Winthrop University account.
• Mathematics PlacementExam (if necessary)
• Fee Payment Information
• Parking Information
• Proof of Citizenship