Winthrop University uses Blackboard for its course management system. (You may log into Blackboard here.) Blackboard is a great tool for faculty who wish to integrate online course management components into their courses. Blackboard is a powerful, easy-to-use software package for designing, delivering and maintaining online course information. The software is accessible to anyone in the world who has an Internet connection and an account provided by Winthrop University.
Blackboard can be used as a supplement to traditional courses for posting course documents, posting/receiving assignments, etc. Blackboard can also be used for the delivery of hybrid and fully online courses. Here are just a few things that are built into Blackboard:
- 17 question types to choose from for assessments
- Drag and drop functionality
- Enhanced grading workflow, an assessment manager, and learning modules for course organization
- Exciting new social learning and teaching tools such as wiki's, blogs, and journals
News and Updates
Blackboard 9.1 Service Pack 10 includes exciting new features for Spring 2013:
- Enterprise surveys and course evaluations
- Institutions can now conduct surveys at the course, department, institution and general public levels – all through our existing Blackboard Learn license. You also have robust analysis tools and reports at your disposal, with the ability to track response rates, aggregate or disaggregate results, and even track results year over year.
- Item analysis
- Item Analysis helps you refine assessments by evaluating the quality and validity of each question. Far better than the usual Frequency and Distribution reports, our new Item Analysis report provides discrimination statistics that allow you to identify questions that are poor performers, diagnose the problem and then fix it in a streamlined workflow.
- My Blackboard
- Going to multiple places in your LMS to stay up-to-date is a hassle for students and educators. Now, with My Blackboard, the critical information you need to know is consolidated in a simple, modern, easily consumable way. And with the new Global Navigation Menu, you have one-click access to the new My Blackboard tools – like your Profile, Updates, People and Posts – as well as your courses and settings.
- New Content Editor
- The new Content Editor vastly improves the user experience for entering text, pasting content from Microsoft Word, and adding content to all areas of Blackboard Learn. Simply bring your course materials to life.