ROCK HILL, S.C. - The Rock Hill branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) and the Winthrop University Panhellenic Council will sponsor a workshop on Oct. 3 focusing on recent sexual harassment research and actions on campuses nationwide. The title of this research by AAUW is "Drawing the Line: Sexual Harassment on Campus."
The workshop starts at 8 p.m. in Tillman Auditorium. There will be a presentation on the AAUW research and a panel of Winthrop faculty and staff to respond to questions and concerns from students. Panel members include: Bethany Marlowe, Winthrop's dean of students; Gretchen Baldwin, Winthrop staff psychologist and coordinator of the Coalition Against Abusive Relationships Everywhere; and BryAnne Jones, victim's advocate for the Winthrop Campus Police.
Discussion will provide students with the opportunity to:
- Learn what behaviors can be called harassment
- Determine what is uncomfortable behavior to them
- Learn about trends on university campuses
- Learn about available Winthrop University resources
- Talk about what more can be done to make Winthrop a safe campus for everyone
For more information, contact Ann Terry at 803/329-7625 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Ashley at 803/323-2187.