Community & Visitors
Parents & Families
Alumni & Friends
Faculty & Staff
RSS News Feeds
Winthrop in the News
Resident Students' Association Captures School of the Year Award
This is the seventh time RSA has won the award.
It is the highest honor a student residential association can receive in the state.
ROCK HILL, S.C. — For the seventh time,
Winthrop University’s Resident Students’ Association (RSA)
has won the
School of the Year Award
South Carolina Organization for Residential Education (SCORE).
This distinction is the highest honor a student residential association can receive in the state. RSA is dedicated to bridging the communication between residents on campus and the university through beneficial programming cooperation. Highlights that contributed to RSA’s win were:
• Provided bus trips to Wal-Mart for students without transportation;
• Held events as part of
• Distributed care packages to students living in residence halls;
• Participated in several conferences with high representation;
• Helped increase membership in NRHH (National Residence Hall Honorary);
• Hosted “Klan We Talk: One Man’s Journey to Breaking Down Racism,” in which a presenter discussed how as an African American he was able to form bonds and friendships with members of the KKK. There were more than 350 people in attendance.
Winthrop’s RSA won the SCORE award from 2001-05 and again in 2009.
“We have really great student leaders who are dedicated to making Winthrop a better place from them having been here,” said
, residential learning coordinator. “It is nice to see Winthrop and Winthrop’s student leaders recognized for the hard work and determination they have put on. As advisors, we think the organization is pretty awesome; it is nice to see the state agrees with us.”
For more information
visit the RSA website
. Co-advisors of the organization are
Back to Previous Page
Winthrop University © Phone:
803 / 323-2211
701 Oakland Avenue, Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA