This resource page is designed to provide you with a link to other departments and organizations that offer opportunities for diversity & multicultural awareness on campus.
- African American Studies - The minor in African American studies is an interdisciplinary program providing students with an intellectual base for understanding the multifaceted dimensions of the Black experience in the United States, Africa, and the African Diaspora. The minor allows students of all races and ethnicities to deepen their knowledge of this underappreciated aspect of the human experience and examine the relationships between various kinds of cultures.
- Roddey-McMillan Record - The Roddey McMillan Record is a monthly student newspaper that promotes awareness and understanding of issues concerning minorities for the betterment of the entire Winthrop community.
- Safe Zones - A program designed to increase understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender issues and to provide identified safe zones for everyone. SAFE ZONES members are allies to the LGBT population and are identified by displaying a SAFE ZONES symbol (see above). This symbol signifies to all students that this zone is safe and free from discrimination. Members are required to attend a formal orientation.
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Winthrop's International Center