Reflective of the Missions of Macfeat and the Richard W. Riley College of Education, we strive to maintain diverse and balanced classrooms. Criteria include, but are not limited to, age, gender, ethnic background, and special needs which are reflective of the community.
There are two application periods each year. The first period is for those children who are currently enrolled or have a sibling who is currently enrolled. The second application period is an open application for new students. There is a $30 non-refundable application fee for children not currently enrolled. Important dates regarding both application periods are listed below:
- Applications for presently admitted children and siblings are accepted from September 1 until September 30 for the next school year. Parents will be informed of acceptance or denial by October 7.
- All other applications are accepted beginning October 1 through December 31 for the next school year. Special consideration will be given to children of Winthrop faculty, staff and full-time students, and siblings of children with a history of longevity of Macfeat enrollment.
- The admissions committee will review open applications received and notify parents in February of acceptance or denial. Once all the openings are filled, a waiting list will be formed. Students will be selected from the waiting list in order to maintain classroom diversity that is reflective of our community.
- Three and Four Year Old Program – The child must be three years or four years of age on or before September 1.
- Kindergarten Blended Program – The child must be four or five years old on or before September 1.