Integrating Technology into the Classroom
Ask your mentor teacher or media specialist what types of technology are available in the school and how you go about accessing them. For example, can you check out digital cameras or a projector from the media specialist? Second, read your school’s Acceptable Use Policy and find out if all the students in your class have permission to go online.
Teachers Using Technology in Classrooms
- Create a graphic organizer for a concept in Word or Inspiration. Ask your mentor teacher or the media specialist if Inspiration is available in your school.
- Use a WebQuest that has been developed already to teach a topic.
- If you are lucky enough to be in a classroom with a digital whiteboard, ask your mentor teacher how to use it!
- Create a PowerPoint presentation to teach a topic.
- Use the Internet to look up interesting facts about the subject you are teaching.
Students Using Technology in Classrooms
- Have students act out a play and videotape the play. Then have the students edit the play and make a movie to show other classes.
- Have students do research on a Shakespeare play. Have them present their findings using multimedia software.
- Have students go online and take tours of studios and see how they got started.
- Have students put on a play using computers for the lighting, the music, and the sound effects.
- Develop a website that shows all the work the theatre class does. Have updates on upcoming performances and on auditions. Show clips of shows from the past and give them glimpses into the future.