Integrating Technology into the Classroom - Social Studies (9-12)
Ideas for teachers and students
- Have students go online and visit historical places or museums
- Create a timeline
- Use a WebQuest
- Create a graphic organizer
- Use Skype to connect to other students or to a content expert
- Have students create a digital video such as:
d. Public service announcement
- Have students develop a PowerPoint presentation on an historical or political science topic.
- Have students go online and look at different news websites. Have them compare and contrast the sites. Look at when the sites post the news, and how fast the sites update. Students can develop a spreadsheet and see which site has the latest information.
- Have students plan a trip to another country. They need to have an itinerary. They can use the Internet for pictures or a scanner. Have students present their trip to the class using a multimedia presentation (PowerPoint). They need to explain the historical and political significance of why they visited certain spots.
Social Studies Resources (pdf - 227 KB)