Integrating Technology into the Classroom
Modern Languages (K-12)
Ask your mentor teacher or media specialist what types of technology are available in the school and how you go about accessing them. For example, can you check out digital cameras or a projector from the media specialist? Second, read your school’s Acceptable Use Policy and find out if all the students in your class have permission to go online.
Teachers Using Technology in Classrooms
- Create a graphic organizer for a concept in Word or Inspiration. Ask your mentor teacher or the media specialist if Inspiration is available in your school.
- Use a WebQuest that has already been developed to teach a topic. If you are lucky enough to be in a classroom with a digital whiteboard, ask your mentor teacher how to use it!
- Create a PowerPoint presentation to teach a topic.
- Use the Internet to look up interesting facts about the subject you are teaching.
Students Using Technology in Classrooms
- Have students email other students in the foreign language they are studying.
- Have students go on a virtual tour of the countries where the language they are studying is spoken.
- Have students do research on a country where the foreign language they are studying is spoken. Have them make a presentation to the class using PowerPoint.
- Have students create a newsletter or newspaper in the language they are studying.
- Have students use a digital camera to take pictures of different items or different activities. Have them print out the pictures and make a book labeling the pictures with the foreign language word. Students also can make a slideshow or PowerPoint presentation using the pictures and labeling with the correct foreign language words or phrases.