Integrating Technology into the Classroom
Ask your mentor teacher or media specialist what types of technology are available in the school and how you go about accessing them. For example, can you check out digital cameras or a projector from the media specialist? Second, read your school’s Acceptable Use Policy and find out if all the students in your class have permission to go online.
Teachers Using Technology in Classrooms
- Use a WebQuest that has already been developed to teach a topic.
- If you are lucky enough to be in a classroom with a digital whiteboard, ask your mentor teacher how to use it!
- Create a PowerPoint presentation to teach a topic.
- Use the internet to look up interesting facts about the subject you are teaching.
Students Using Technology in Classrooms
- Have students create a budget using Excel. Give students a certain amount of money and have them plan a trip. They can use the Internet to plan the trip.
- Have students create a PowerPoint presentation showing how to solve a math problem or how to teach a math problem.
- Have students go online and use an online calculator to help solve a problem.
A good site is http://www.math.com.
- Have students make graphs on the computer.
- Have students use financial software to balance a checkbook.