Integrating Technology into the Classroom
Ask your mentor teacher or media specialist what types of technology are available in the school and how you go about accessing them. For example, can you check out digital cameras or a projector from the media specialist? Second, read your school’s Acceptable Use Policy and find out if all the students in your class have permission to go online.
Teachers Using Technology in Classrooms
- Use a WebQuest that has been developed already to teach a topic.
- If you are lucky enough to be in a classroom with a digital whiteboard, ask your mentor teacher how to use it!
- Create a PowerPoint presentation to teach a dance.
- Use the Internet to look up interesting facts about the subject you are teaching.
Students Using Technology in Classrooms
- Have students videotape themselves showing how to do a dance step. Then they can present the video to the class.
- Have students use multimedia software to demonstrate a whole dance.
- Students can pick a dance step and do research on how that step has evolved through time. They can use the Internet and other resources to do the research. Then they can do a multimedia presentation to show the class.
- Have students create a light show for a dance using the computer.
- Have students create music on the computer, then have them come up with a dance using the music they created. Have them record their dance, and ask them to edit the dance on the computer.