Online Employment Application Policy for Permanent Staff Positions
Please review the following information BEFORE applying for employment.
- An online application must be submitted in order to apply for a permanent staff vacancy. You must create an account at on the state’s job portal page before applying for all staff openings. A resume may NOT be substituted for the online application; however, once an online application is completed you will be allowed to attach a resume or copy and paste information in a resume section as additional information.
- Online applications can only be accepted for currently posted job vacancies. Winthrop does not hold applications to review for future job openings. Therefore, you must submit an online application for each position for which you are interested. The system does, however, allow you to save your application so that it is readily available to submit for future vacancies.
- Online applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date of each vacancy.
- The status of each vacancy will be posted on our website. Human Resources will notify all applicants via email once a position has been filled.
- Criminal background checks will be conducted on applicants selected for employment.
- To comply with South Carolina law prohibiting employment of individuals in default of certain student loans, verification of loan status will be conducted before an offer of employment is made.
- Winthrop University is an E-Verify participating employer.
Please call our office at (803) 323-2273 during normal office hours Monday through Friday, if you have questions. Thank you for your interest in employment with Winthrop University.
WINTHROP UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Return to Classified Staff Vacancies