2015 Homecoming King and Queen
Pictured: Ms. Jazmine Linnette, and Mr. Cameron Benton the
2014 Homecoming King and Queen
Homecoming Court Eligibility Criteria
•Attend an interest meeting. Last one is October 1 at 11 a.m. in DIGS 223
•Must either be a full–time Winthrop University male or female classified as a Junior or Senior by the University is eligible as a candidate for either Homecoming King or Queen.
•Candidates must be in good academic and judicial standing with the university, and have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (Winthrop University hours only).
- Junior students who have earned at least 54 but fewer than 87 semester hours of credit including transfer credits.
- Senior students who have earned at least 87 semester hours of credit including transfer credits.
•All applications and resumes for Homecoming King and Queen are due on or before Monday, October 5th by 5 p.m. All applications and resumes must be submitted online and are date and time stamped when submitted. Any applications submitted after the 5 p.m. deadline will NOT be considered.
•Once the selection process has undergone, candidates must be able to attend selected mandatory interviews, Homecoming events, and practices as instructed.
Application available here
Click here for rules regarding campaigning.
Winthrop Royalty will
be asked to represent Winthrop University at the following events:
- MLK Day of Service on January 19, 2016
- Spring Involvement Fair on Tuesday, January 27, 2016
- Leadership Institute for First-Timers (L.I.F.T.) on February 20, 2016
- Preview Day on February 27, 2016
- Worldwide Winthrop Day on April 9, 2016
- Host a DSU Open Mic Night
Please direct all questions to Pam Varraso at 269 DiGiorgio Campus Center,