Homecoming King and Queen 2013
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2013 HOMECOMING KING AND QUEEN, MR. DESHAWN CLEMENT AND MS. DAISY BURROUGHS!
Pictured: Kambrell Garvin
and Colleen Rice pose above during the crowning ceremony on November 10, 2012
• Any full-time Winthrop University male student is eligible as a candidate for Homecoming King.
• Any full-time Winthrop University female student is eligible as a candidate for Homecoming Queen.
• Candidates must be in good academic and judicial standing with the university.
• Candidates must be a junior, or senior by Winthrop classification.
• Candidates must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (Winthrop University hours only).
• All applications for Homecoming King and Queen are due on or before Friday, October 18 by 5 p.m. All applications must be submitted online and are date and time stamped when submitted. Any submitted after the 5 p.m. deadline will not be considered.
• Complete Applications consist of an application, responses to short-answer questions, and resume. PLEASE NOTE: resumes MUST be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the above deadline.
• Once submitted, all applications will be screened to make sure guidelines had been met after Friday, October 18.
• Candidates selected for an interview will need to come to the DiGiorgio Campus Center after Monday, October 21 to sign-up for a 15 minute interview slot for Thursday, October 24 between
11a.m. -12:30 p.m. & 2 p.m.-4 p.m. OR Friday, October 25 between 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
• When you show up for your interview your picture will be taken by a Student Homecoming Committee staff member. These pictures will be used online as well as in all campaign material so be sure to dress nicely.
• Interviewees will be judged on the following criteria: Academics 20%, Leadership & Extracurricular Activities 30%, Resume/Application 20%, Interview 30%
• Selected candidates are expected to report on time and be dressed appropriately for the interview.
• A court of up to five (5) men and five (5) women will be selected from the interviews. Those selected will be introduced and presented at the
Homecoming Talent Show on Wednesday, November 6 at 8:00 p.m.
• The announcement of the King & Queen will be made at the men's basketball game on Saturday, November 9 during halftime.
• Winthrop royalty may be asked to represent Winthrop at university events
King: WU Book Store Gift Basket ($100 value)
Queen: WU Book Store Gift Basket ($100 value)
Please direct all questions to Deborah Strahorn at 212 DiGiorgio Campus Center, 323-4757 or email@example.com
**Voting for King and Queen will begin following the conclusion of Homecoming Talent Show on the Homecoming website