2014 Homecoming King and Queen Court Application
To Vote for the 2014 Homecoming King and Queen Click HERE
Pictured: Ms. Daisy Burroughs, and Mr. Deshawn Clement the
2013 Homecoming King and Queen
Any full-time Winthrop University male student classified as a Junior or Senior by the University is eligible as a candidate for Homecoming King.
- Any full-time Winthrop University female student classified as a Junior or Senior is eligible as a candidate for Homecoming Queen.
- Candidates must be in good academic and judicial standing with the university, and have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (Winthrop University hours only).
- All applications for Homecoming King and Queen are due on or before EXTENDED TO TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21ST by 5 p.m. All applications must be submitted online and are date and time stamped when submitted. Any submitted after the 5 p.m. deadline will not be considered.
- Applications are only considered complete when the following items are submitted: the application, short answer responses, and resume.
- Once submitted, all
applications will be screened to make sure guidelines have been met.
- Candidates selected
for an interview will need to visit the Office of Student Activities (DIGS 269)
between Tuesday, October 21
and Friday, October 24 to sign-up
for a 15 minute interview time slot. Interviews will be held between Tuesday, October 28 and Thursday, October
30 during common
time and Wednesday, October 29 from 1:30-5:00pm.
- When you show up
for your interview, your picture will be taken by a Student Homecoming
Committee Staff Member. These pictures will be used online as well as in
all campaign material so be sure to dress nicely.
- Interviewees will be
judged on the following criteria: Academics 25%, Leadership &
Extracurricular Activities 25%, Resume/Application 25%, Interview 25%.
- Selected candidates
are expected to report on time and be dressed appropriately for the interview.
- A court of up to five
(5) men and five (5) women will be selected from the interviews. Those who are selected will be introduced
and presented at the Homecoming Court
Presentation on Tuesday, November 11 at 11:00 am on the staircase of Markley’s
at the Center in the DiGiorgio Campus Center.
event is required and failure to attend will result in immediate
Voting for Homecoming Court will begin following the conclusion of
Homecoming Court Presentation on the Homecoming website. *
are welcome to stay after the presentation to begin campaigning and encourage
voting from the Student Body.
announcement of the King and Queen Homecoming Winners will be made at the men's
basketball game on Saturday, November 15 during halftime.
Winthrop Royalty will
be asked to represent Winthrop University at the following events:
Day of Service on January 19, 2015
Involvement Fair on Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Institute for First-Timers (LIFT) on Saturday, February 21, 2015
Day on Saturday, February 28, 2015
Winthrop Day on April 18, 2015
a DSU Open Mic Night
Please direct all questions to Deborah Allen at 212 DiGiorgio Campus Center,
**Voting for King and Queen will begin following the conclusion of Homecoming Talent Show on the Homecoming website
King: WU Book Store Gift Basket ($100 value)
Queen: WU Book Store Gift Basket ($100 value)