**COMPETE FOR PRIZES TO THE WINNING BANNERS**
Congratulations to the Video Production Club for their 1st place win and Margaret Nance Hall for their 2nd place win!!!!!!!!!
Show off your Winthrop spirit and create a Spirit Banner for this year's Homecoming. Banners will be hung around the West Center Atrium.
*** Applications are due Monday, November 5 before 12 p.m. to the DiGiorgio Student Union office (DiGiorgio Campus Center 212). A link for the application is located at the bottom of this page.
Your organization will need to hang up your Spirit Banner on Monday, November 5 between noon and 1 p.m.
Creativity (30%) - How the group incorporates the competing team (St. Andrews University Knights) into their banner.
Overall or General Effect (30%) - How the overall appearance/presentation is perceived.
Style (20%) - How the banner was constructed (e.g. materials, colors, artistic design, etc.)
Uniqueness (20%) - What sets your banner apart from the rest of the groups?
- Banner Judging will take place on Monday afternoon and the winning banner will be announced and have its picture displayed at the Homecoming basketball game on Saturday.
- Be creative when creating these banners. The idea of the banners is to show off to the rest of the Winthrop community your school spirit and just what your club or organization is all about. Use all sorts of materials to separate yourselves from everybody else. Just be creative and HAVE FUN!!!
Banner Contest Guidelines:
- The contest is open to recognized student organizations and university representative groups.
- Banners should fit on a full size sheet. Anything larger than a full size sheet will be disqualified. (81in x 96in) You may use any material you want as long as it fits these dimensions.
- No profanity will be allowed on the banners. Any color sheet is acceptable.
- You must include something about the competing team on your banner. Good taste is a must. If you have questions regarding the “taste” of what you intend to place on your banner, please contact Prescott May, 323-4757.
- Banner must be completed before hanging.
- Banners hung without a submitted application will not be judged.
- Banners will remain up through homecoming and may be removed at the end of the men’s homecoming game.
Prizes will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place.
1st Place: $100 in Gift Cards to Aramark
2nd Place: $50 in Gift Cards to Aramark