**COMPETE FOR PRIZES TO THE WINNING BANNERS**
Show off your Winthrop spirit and create a Spirit Banner for this year's Homecoming. Banners will be hung around the Student Center.
*** Applications are due Wednesday, October 29 before 5 p.m. to the DiGiorgio Student Union office (DiGiorgio Campus Center 212). A link for the application is located at the bottom of this page.
Your organization will need to submit your Spirit Banner on, Tuesday, October 29th between 1 and 5 p.m. It will be hung in the Student Union on Monday, November 4th and will be judged on Tuesday, November 5th between 12pm-1pm
Creativity (20%) - How the group incorporates the homecoming theme into their banner.
Overall or General Effect (20%) - How the overall appearance/presentation is perceived.
Style (20%) - How the banner was constructed (e.g. materials, colors, artistic design, etc.)
Uniqueness (20%) - What sets your banner apart from the rest of the groups?
Online student vote (20%)- a virtual vote cast by your peers to determine who they believe has the winning banner
- Banner Judging will take place on Tuesday afternoon and the winning banner will be announced and have its picture displayed at the Homecoming basketball game on Saturday.
- Be creative when creating these banners. The idea of the banners is to show off to the rest of the Winthrop community your school spirit and just what your club or organization is all about. Use all sorts of materials to separate yourselves from everybody else. Just be creative and HAVE FUN!!!
- Banners will be judged by four faculty/staff members and a virtual vote will also be casted by Winthrop students. Virtual voting will begin when after each banner is photographed and uploaded online on November 1st.
Banner Contest Guidelines:
• The contest is open to recognized student organizations and university representative groups.
• Banners should fit on a twin size sheet. Anything larger than a twin size sheet will be disqualified. (81in x 96in) You may use any material you want as long as it fits these dimensions.
• No profanity will be allowed on the banners. Any color sheet is acceptable.
• You must include something about this years theme in your banner. Good taste is a must. If you have questions regarding the “taste” of what you intend to place on your banner, please contact Deborah Strahorn, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Banner must be completed before hanging.
• Banners hung without a submitted application will not be judged.
• Banners will remain up through homecoming and may be removed at the end of the men’s homecoming game.
Prizes will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place.
1st Place: $150 in Gift Cards to Aramark
2nd Place: $50 in Gift Cards to Aramark
Click here for your Spirit Banner Application