Distance Learning Proctoring
The Testing Program staff proctors exams for courses taken at other colleges, universities and entities. These exams may be administered via pencil-paper, computer or other sources.
- All exams are by appointment only.
- Candidates should make appointment in advance to allow the candidate and home institution sufficient time to supply our office with necessary information, paperwork, and materials.
- The allowed test time must fit within our hours of operation.
Candidates Requesting Accommodations
- Candidates requesting accommodations should contact the Coordinator for Testing Program as soon as possible to discuss their request prior to scheduling any test.
- Special technology is available for those candidates with documented disabilities requiring accommodations.
- Accommodations must be approved and submitted by the originating university or institution to our office for review to insure we can meet the accommodations requested before test is scheduled.
Proctoring fees are $40.00 per test. Fees for this service may be paid via check or money order payable to Winthrop University and must reach our office prior to your appointment. No test will be administered without payment. All test fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Any return postage and mailing supplies are the responsibility of the candidate or home institution. Winthrop University is not responsible for any mailing fees to return tests.
A semester pass may be purchased for $100.00. This pass allows unlimited test proctoring during the semester in which the pass is purchased. Each pass can only be used for one semester. Semester passes run January 5- May 5, May 16-August 15, and August 16-December 15.
Currently, we offer distance learning examinations Monday-Friday, year-round by appointment as long as our department is open and space is available. Registration is required. To begin the registration process, instruct your home institution to contact the Coordinator for Testing Program with any necessary information and forms. Next, enter your appointment request information at the on-line scheduling link. Then, submit your payment to Attn: Coordinator for Testing Program, Winthrop University, Health & Counseling Services, 101 Crawford Bldg., Rock Hill SC 29733.
On Test Day
Please arrive ten minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment time, you will not be allowed to take the exam and you will forfeit any fees.
- You may reschedule your appointment upon payment of additional fees.
Bring two forms of current, photo identification.
Because temperatures vary in the testing rooms, you may want to dress in layers.