Office of Accessibility
Test Center Guidelines
210 Crawford Building
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Friday: 9:30 am-12:00 pm
Others by appointment
Final Exams Hours
Available exam times are 8:00 am, 11:30 am, and 3:00 pm
Others by appointment
For summer hours contact the Test Center Coordinator, Susan Sistar
To Schedule a Test:
- Email Test Center staff at firstname.lastname@example.org from your Winthrop email at least three (3) business days in advance for each test to be taken in the Test Center. If you contact Test Center staff less than three (3) business days before your test date, we will attempt to work with you, space permitting. Include the following information in your email:
- Your name
- Professor's Name
- Course name/number (ex. BIOL 101)
- Course meeting date/time (ex. MWF 10-10:50am)
- Test date as announced by professor
- Whether or not a scribe or reader is required (per your accommodations)
- Does your chosen time allow for any extended time accommodations without conflict with another course? If a conflict, please schedule accordingly, as testing is not an excuse for being late or missing class.
- Schedule tests for the same day and at the same time that the test is given in class unless there is an academic-related scheduling conflict. If you have such a conflict (see examples below), you are responsible for making arrangements with your professor to take the test at a different time. The approved change must be confirmed by your professor via email to the Test Center.
- If the test in your class will begin at a time earlier or later than the regular Test Center hours.
the use of extended time for a test interferes with back-to-back classes.
- If you attempted to schedule your test three (3) business days in advance, but the Test Center has no available space. In this instance Test Center staff will contact your professor to find a reasonable alternative testing option for you.
---- Non-academic related obligations are not considered valid scheduling conflicts ----
- Plan accordingly. Test Center staff will not provide excuses for missing class or work in order to complete a test.
- Notify the Test Center staff and your professor as soon as possible if you are unable to take a test as scheduled due to illness or other emergency. You and your professor must agree on arrangements for rescheduling your test at a later time. Notify Test Center staff of the new test day and time and Staff will confirm this with your professor.
- Note: If the test is online and not proctored, the student is responsible for reminding the professor to set the test for the appropriate extended time. (e.g., “Professor Smith, as per my accommodation letter, please set my online test for 50% extended time.)
On test day:
- Arrive on time to complete test. Tests will not be administered if you arrive more than 15 minutes late. If you arrive up to 15 minutes late, that time will be deducted from the allotted test time. Professors will be notified.
- Present Winthrop ID prior to taking test.
- Bring only permitted materials into the testing cubicles. Any prohibited items are to be stored in the lockers/cubbies provided by the Test Center. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: hats, coats, purses, backpacks, cell phones, pagers, iPods, watches, jewelry, personal calculators or other electronic devices. Food and/or drinks are not allowed in the Test Center cubicles unless specified as an accommodation.
- Demonstrate academic integrity in accordance with the Winthrop University Student Code of Conduct. All instances of suspected academic dishonesty will be reported to the Dean of Students and your instructor.
I have read and understand above guidelines and agree to follow them as outlined.