All students attending class on campus are required to submit the Winthrop University Health and Counseling Services Immunization Form before registering.
Please read the attached Immunization Information sheet before completing the Immunization Form.
- Winthrop University requires all students born on or after January 1, 1957 to provide proof of immunity to:
- Measles (Rubeola), German Measles (Rubella), and Mumps (Covered by MMR vaccine).
- Two valid doses of MMR (or the equivalent) or blood levels showing immunity are required.
- All students must have a Tetanus vaccination within the last ten years.
- The Meningococcal vaccine requirement can be completed with documentation of the vaccine or the signed waiver on page 2 of the Immunization Form. The CDC recommends a booster be given if meningitis vaccine was received before age 16.
- All students must complete the Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire on page 2 of the Immunization Form.
- Age, medical and religious exemptions are allowed by law.
- Students attending a class that meets for 2 weeks or less are exempt from the immunization requirements.
- All required immunizations are available at Health Services for a nominal fee.
Recommended Immunizations for Winthrop Students
Hepatitis B and Influenza are highly recommended but not required for registration.
Please call Health and Counseling Services at 803/323-2206 if you have questions or need more information.