Panhellenic Points is a way for CPC sororities to get involved and attend more events on campus.
What events are considered for points?
- All Panhellenic speakers or events that are sponsored by the College Panhellenic Council. Attendance must be taken on the Points Attendance Sheet by an executive board member of CPC.
- All philanthropy events sponsored by sorororities or fraternities are worth points as long as an Event Approval Form is submitted THREE WEEKS PRIOR to the event (see below). Attendance must be taken on the Points Attendance Sheet by an executive board member of CPC.
- Any other philanthropic event for which an organization would like CPC support will be considered for points by turning in an Event Approval Form THREE WEEKS BEFORE the event.
How to get an event approved for Panhellenic Points?
- In order to have an event suppored by CPC, an Event Approval Request Form must be filled out and submitted to CPC@winthrop.edu THREE WEEKS BEFORE the event or fundraiser. This will allow time to determine if the event fits the ideals of the College Panhellenic Council and to relay all necessary information to the sororities. You will be contacted within one week concerning your event's approval.
- Click here for the form!
How are points determined?
- Points are based on the percentage for most events. The total percent of the chapter that is in attendance will be transferred into points (ex. 75% of your chapter attended, your chapter receives 75 points). Attendance must be taken on the Points Attendance Sheet by an executive board member of CPC.
- If the event involves teams, it is at the discretion of CPC as to how points will be allocated. The points merited for the particular event will be determined based on the circumstatnces and requirements of the team event, and announced prior to the event at the council meeting. A record of participation must be kept on the Points Attendance Sheet by an executive member of CPC.
- If the event is an item drive, one point per item is the typical point system used. This is also at the discretion of CPC, and will be announced to the delegates before the event once a point system has been deemed fair in regards to the circumstances of the drive (item price, degree of difficulty to collect item, etc.). A count must be kept of all items collected by and executive member of CPC.