Chapter of the Month
Please help us in congratulating to the women of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. on being selected as Chapter of the Month for February!
During the month of February, the chapter was very busy hosting their Founder’s Week and giving back to the Winthrop and surrounding communities. Some of the events they hosted and participated in are as follows:
- DSTination: “Spiritual Fill Up” - a church service with the women of DST at Freedom Temple Ministries.
- DSTination: “Financial Literacy” - a program on becoming financially literate in 2012 with guest speaker and State Farm Insurance Agent Dawn Johnson.
- Campus Appreciation Day where members of Xi Beta handed out free baked good and held a voter registration.
- DSTination: “The Great Love” (Cultural Event) a program that focused on African-American women as they view themselves with guest speaker Dr. Martin Delaney.
- DSTination: “Deeper Roots” (Cultural Event) an opportunity to learn traditional African dance techniques and background history.
- DSTination: “First Class” also known as their annual "Jazz Night" which is an evening of sophistication and elegance. This was an annual scholarship gala where we awarded a scholarship to one deserving student and an active organization on campus.
- DSTination: “The Greatest Love PT.2 (Cultural Event) A Fashion Show/Body Image and Empowerment event. This was a sold out event.
- DSTination: “Southern Hospitality” were members of the organization participated in highway clean-up and donated over 300 pairs of shoes to the Tender Hearts Ministries.
When you see these women around campus, please help us in congratulating them on all of their hard work and accomplishments!