Have you been looking for that edge in school, that missing link in your college experience? At Winthrop University the Inter-Fraternity council and Greek life are committed to the development of men into the future leaders of this country.
How do you Join?
IFC recruitment, is an informal event that goes on 365 days a year. An IFC fraternity recruits through one on one recruitment and individual organization rush events. Our organizations are dedicated to finding the best of the best on campus.
Requirements to Join
Men with a cumulative 2.5 University GPA and completed 12 University hours are eligible to join.
A bid is an invitation from an organization to go through the pledging process. Bids are usually given out in the first month of each new semester. If you receive a bid you have 3 options.
- Accept the bid - If you accept the bid congratulations you have completed the first step to becoming a member of an organization.
- Hold a bid - A bid is good for one year’s time. Take your time and be sure your decision is right for you.
- Declining a bid - If you choose to decline a bid there are no repercussions, but please make sure to be respectful and contact the organization.
Becoming a member of a Greek organization is a monumental step in one's life. Congratulations for considering this new step in your life!
- IFC Fraternity 101 - August 31st 8 p.m. Owens G01
- Fall Rush - September 2 - 12th
Fall Recruitment Interest Form
Please note: Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE) is no longer a recognized student organization, due to an alcohol-related suspension. Winthrop University in no way condones any recruitment activities hosted by "TKE"