Have you been looking for that edge in school, that missing link in your college experience? At Winthrop University the Interfraternity Council and Fraternity & Sorority Life are committed to the development of men into the future leaders of this country.
How do you Join?
IFC recruitment, is an informal event that goes on 365 days a year. An IFC fraternity recruits through one on one recruitment and individual organization recruitment events. Our organizations are dedicated to finding the best of the best on campus.
Requirements to Participate in IFC Recruitment
Men who meet the following requirements are eligible to participate in the IFC recruitment process and potentially receive an invitation to join (bid):
- Enrollment as an active Winthrop University Student
- Completion of 12 university credit hours
- 2.5 cumulative GPA (Please note: These are minimum requirements as many chapters have a higher GPA requirement)
- Register with the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs.
*Transfer students in their first semester at Winthrop must submit a transcript to the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs for verification of GPA and credits.
A bid is an invitation from an organization to go through the new member education process. Bids are usually given out in the first month of each new semester. If you receive a bid you have 3 options:
- Accept the bid - If you accept the bid congratulations you have completed the first step to becoming a member of an organization.
- Hold a bid - A bid is good for one year’s time. Take your time and be sure your decision is right for you.
- Declining a bid - If you choose to decline a bid there are no repercussions, but please make sure to be respectful and contact the organization.
Becoming a member of a Greek-letter organization is a monumental step in one's life. Congratulations for considering this new step in your life!
IFC Recruitment & Information Sessions
- IFC 101 – All Info Sessions will be held in Richardson Ballroom B
- September 6 at 11 a.m.
- September 9 at 3 p.m.
- January 17, 2017 at 11 a.m.
- January 20, 2017 at 3 p.m.
- Fall Recruitment: September 12-16
- Spring Recruitment – January 23-27, 2017