Winthrop University Masthead
Search the site or search for people


Any graduate student may appeal for variations in university-wide graduate policies and regulations by submitting a petition, written by the student, to the Graduate Petitions Committee through the Records and Registration office.  Instructions for a petition may be found on the Graduate School website.  Petitions must by typed and signed by the student.  Signatures from the student’s advisor, department chair, and dean or graduate director are also required. 

Petitioners are encouraged to attach a letter of recommendation from their advisor; however, letters of recommendation are optional.  All documentation will be sent to the Graduate Petitions Committee, and the student and advisor will be notified once the decision is made.

Appeals of the decision of the Graduate Petitions Committee may be made to the Dean of the Graduate School.

Graduate School
211 Tillman Hall
Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA
800/411-7041 (toll free)
803/323-2292 (Fax)

Facebook  34x34Twitter 34x34YouTube 34x34Google Plus 34x34

Apply NowRequest InformationAsk the DeanAdobe ReaderMake an Online Gift

Winthrop Home Page