Master of Business Administration Admission Requirements
The applicant for admission to the M.B.A. program must show high promise of success in post graduate business study as measured by undergraduate grades, scores on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or GRE and other relevant criteria. An applicant whose native language is not English must also present a score of at least 550 on the TOEFL, 79 on the TOEFL iBT, or a 6.5 on the IELTS.
To apply for admission, applicants should submit:
1. The online Graduate School application with the non-refundable application fee
2. Official transcript(s) from all institutions attended for undergraduate and graduate coursework. Transcripts must be sent directly to Winthrop's Graduate School office from the issuing institution(s). We cannot accept transcripts (even sealed, official transcripts) from individuals
3. Official scores on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). The official GRE or GMAT score must be sent directly to the Graduate School office from the testing service.
Additional Admission Requirements for International Applicants:
1. Transcript Evaluation-Applicants are required to have international coursework evaluated by an independent evaluation service; a course by course evaluation is required and the official report must be sent to us directly from the evaluation service. For coursework completed outside of the U.S., the international transcript evaluation is sufficient; we do not also need the official transcript directly from the school.
2. English Language Proficiency-All international graduate applicants must present one of the following to the Graduate School: a TOEFL score of at least 550 on the paper-based test or at least 79 on the internet based test, an IELTS score of at least 6.5 or successful completion of level 112 of the Intensive English for Academic Purposes Program from an English Language School (ELS) center. Applicants who take the TOEFL or IELTS must have the official score report sent to the Graduate School directly from the testing service. Applicants who complete the ELS program must have an official Certificate of Completion and Academic Report sent to the Graduate School from the ELS center.
Visit the following website for details on international prospective student admission requirements: http://www.winthrop.edu/graduateschool/default.aspx?id=3996
For U.S. citizens and residents: July 15 for fall admission, December 1 for spring admission, May 15 for summer
International Students: Applications for admission and supporting credentials for prospective international students must be received by April 15 or September 15 for registration in the fall or spring semester, respectively. Thus, international applicants living outside the United States should complete the required standardized tests at least three months prior to April 15 or September 15, as appropriate.