MAT5 PRAXIS Requirements
MAT5 applicants must pass the currently approved PRAXIS Content Examination for their area before admission to the MAT5 program. The PRAXIS test numbers and passing scores may change, so it is important to follow the procedure below to identify the correct test to take:
- Go to www.ets.org/praxis
- Choose South Carolina in the "State Testing Requirements" section
- Click the "Test Requirements" link on the left side of the page to get to the test requirements page. CAREFULLY read this page to determine the required test number and passing score for your content area. MAT5 applicants in Secondary areas should consult the "Secondary Education" section. MAT5 - Art applicants should consult the "All Grades" section, and French and Spanish should consult the "World Languages" section.
After reviewing the ETS website please contact the MAT program coordinator if you have any questions about which PRAXIS exam(s) to take. It is ultimately your responsibility to take the correct test, so please review the ETS website carefully and if you still have questions contact the MAT5 program coordinator, Dr. Harris, at email@example.com or 803-323-2588.
PRAXIS Registration Notes:
- Choose Winthrop University (5910) and the South Carolina Department of Education (8108) as score recipients. If Winthrop is not chosen as a score recipient when you register, then you will need to pay $40 to have the score sent to Winthrop after you take the test.
- Registration deadlines are one month prior to the test date.
- To guarantee that the Graduate School will receive your scores by the February 15 application deadline, we recommend that you take any required tests during the summer after your junior year. That will allow time for you to re-take the exam during the fall semester of your senior year if necessary.