Winthrop University Masthead
Search the site or search for people


Federal regulations provide that students must earn their federal financial aid award amount(s). Federal financial aid includes: Pell Grant, Supplemental Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Direct Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized), Perkins Loan, Parent PLUS Loan, Graduate PLUS Loan, and TEACH Grant. Winthrop University awards and disburses a student’s financial aid at the start of each term (period). However, a student is not considered to have “earned” that entire financial aid award unless the student completes more than 60 percent of the period. The financial aid office is required to perform a Return of Title IV calculation for students who do not complete the entire period as a result of an Official Withdrawal or an Unofficial Withdrawal. An official withdrawal occurs when a student withdraws from all courses at Winthrop University. An unofficial withdrawal occurs if a student who began attendance and has not officially withdrawn, fails to earn a passing grade in at least one course offered over an entire period. More information regarding withdrawals (official and unofficial) and the effect on federal, state, and institutional financial aid is available on the Financial Aid Policies webpage, by clicking the “Withdrawals” heading.

Graduate School
211 Tillman Hall
Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA
800/411-7041 (toll free)
803/323-2292 (Fax)

Facebook  34x34Twitter 34x34YouTube 34x34Google Plus 34x34

Apply NowRequest InformationAsk the DeanAdobe ReaderMake an Online Gift

Winthrop Home Page