Support for Graduate Student Presentations or Performances
The Graduate School provides limited funding to support travel for student presentations and performances at professional conferences. The research or project presented must be conducted by a degree-seeking graduate student or students under the mentorship of Winthrop University faculty. Attendance at a conference by two or more students to make a single presentation of research or performance will be treated as one application. A travel award will be divided equally among group members participating in the presentation or performance.
In order to apply for travel support, the student must be enrolled as a degree-seeking graduate student at Winthrop University at the time of the conference. The student must make a presentation or perform at the conference.
The maximum travel award is $400. If a presentation or performance is being made by a group of students, the $400 travel award will be divided among the group. Guidelines for processing payments against the award will be included in the award notification letter.
October 15, 2012 for Fall 2012
February 8, 2013 for Spring 2013
May 2, 2013 for Summer 2013
Note: You may submit your application any time prior to the application deadline.
1. Complete and sign the "Travel Support for Graduate Student Research Presentations or Performances" form
2. Attach the following to the request form:
- Invitation or acceptance letter to present or perform at the conference. (If the invitation or acceptance letter has not been received as of the application date, you may attach a copy of the invitation or acceptance letter to the Travel Reimbursement Request. Note on the request form that the invitation or acceptance has not yet been received.)
- Abstract of your research presentation or description of performance.
- Approval letter from the appropriate institutional committee. If approval is pending, attach submission confirmation from the committee.*
- Completed Travel Authorization form. This form is available online at http://www.winthrop.edu/controllersoffice/default.aspx?id=4975.
*In order to receive funding, you must abide by all laws and regulations that govern research with humans, vertebrate animals, and biohazardous materials. You and your faculty mentor are responsible for obtaining authorization from the appropriate university committees. See the SPAR website for policy guidelines and review forms.
3. Obtain approval signatures from your Faculty Mentor/Advisor, the Department Chair, and the Dean.
4. Submit the signed form and attachments to:
The Graduate School
209 Tillman Hall
Rock Hill, SC 29733
Questions can be directed to The Graduate School at 803/323-2204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.