Graduation Steps Following Application
After you have applied for graduation, the following pre-graduation review steps will be completed.
PRECLEAR REVIEW will be completed.
The Records staff will verify that all your coursework has been applied in the proper requirement areas. Any corrections will be made at this time and substitutions and graduate petitions will also be updated to your Degree Progress Report. Your approved Program of Study will be updated, if on file in the Office of Records and Registration. If not on file, a request for a Program of Study will be sent to you and to your adviser. Potential problems for graduation, if any, will be addressed in the same correspondence.
Degree Works will not display work for those students whose catalog is prior to 06-07.
GRADUATION TERM CHECK will be completed.
A Graduation Term Check will be completed during your final semester. ONLY applicants with problems (i.e. if a student has not enrolled in courses still needed) or with any outstanding/pending issues and their advisers (i.e. substitutions, transfer work, incomplete grades, etc.) will be notified.
CLEARING AND GRADUATION.
Students will be cleared for graduation in the Fall and Spring semesters beginning the Wednesday prior to the commencement ceremony on Thursday.
All August graduates will be cleared and will be posted the day of graduation.
Failure to Apply
Failing to apply for graduation on time may result in the following:
• Not being cleared to graduate, resulting in a degree not being awarded.
• Late fees incurring with a late application for graduation.
• Not having a diploma available upon graduation because of late ordering.
• Not having your name in the Commencement Program.
• Having no reader card (used to announce your name) printed for the ceremony.
• Not having your name printed in your town newspaper listing graduates.
• Risking difficulty in obtaining employment because confirmation of a degree being awarded can not be given.