Types of Students
Winthrop Think College (WTC)
WTC is a Comprehensive Transition Program (CTP) program. Winthrop is proud to be one of the few colleges nationwide who is able to offer federal and state financial aid to students enrolled in a CTP program. Students must be admitted into the WTC program. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list Winthrop's federal school code 003456 so that Winthrop can determine their financial aid eligibility.
Types of Financial Assistance
(Qualifications depend on a student’s state of residency and other factors determined by the awarding department)
- South Carolina Grant - At this time, there is dedicated funding for South Carolina residents participating in CTP programs. The amount of each award will depend on the number of qualified students in South Carolina each academic year and a student’s FAFSA information. For 2015-2016, the average SC Grant award was $5,970 per student at Winthrop.
- Private Loans - Student will need a credit worthy co-borrower. Student will need to use a lender that provides private loans to non-degree seeking students.
- The FAFSA must be completed each academic year.
- Awards are made in early summer for the upcoming academic year.
- All financial aid information is provided via Wingspan and a student's e-mail address.
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions. We look forward to working with WTC students and their families during their Winthrop journey.