My Financial Aid
Sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) Online
All first-time borrowers MUST complete an Entrance Counseling Session and sign a Master Promissory Note. Both requirements can be completed online using the Federal Student Aid StudentLoans.gov website.
- Go to StudentLoans.gov and Log In.
- Click Complete Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note).
- Click Start MPN For Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans.
- PLUS Loan recipients will have to select a different type of MPN.
- Complete all steps and submit.
- Make sure to print a copy of the MPN for your records.
The Office of Financial Aid will electronically receive the Entrance Counseling and MPN results within 2 – 3 business days.
Your Federal Direct Loan will not credit your account until you have successfully completed both of these requirements. Your loan(s) may be subject to cancellation if you do not complete Entrance Counseling and sign the Master Promissory Note.