Office of Financial Aid
Outside Scholarship Resources
ONCA - Office of Nationally Competitive Awards
Winthrop University’s Office of Nationally Competitive Awards (ONCA) identifies and assists highly motivated and talented students to apply for nationally and internationally competitive awards, scholarships, fellowships, and unique opportunities both at home and abroad. ONCA gathers and disseminates award information and deadlines across the campus community, and serves as a resource for students, faculty, and staff throughout the nationally competitive award nomination and application process.
Please click on the above link to go to the ONCA web site. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the ONCA homepage and fill out and submit an Online Information Form. Follow-up with an e-mail to ONCA Director, Dr. Leslie Bickford, and make an appointment to find out what ONCA awards are right for you!
Outside Scholarship Database
Disclaimer: The scholarships mentioned in the Outside Scholarship Database are not affiliated with Winthrop University or the Office of Financial Aid. Please use caution when applying for any scholarship. Some scholarships listed may be solicitation for independent companies seeking your business so please take caution to make sure your identity is protected. Inquiries on the scholarships must be directed to the organization or company.
Updated 10.1.13 - Outside Scholarship Database
1. Click on the link provided above.
2. Click on File in the upper left hand corner.
3. Click on Download under the File menu.
4. Click on Open (File Download).
5. Click on Download Anyway.
5. Click on Open (Microsoft Office Access Security Notice).
6. Double Click on Outside Scholarship Form or Outside Scholarship Table or Double Click on any category to view the query results.
7. Some of the entries have applications that are provided as a .pdf attachment for your convenience. Click on the icon in the row titled 'Attachment' and download the .pdf to your computer. The database will be updated on a weekly basis as new information is received so make sure to check the website on a periodically.
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid if you have any questions regarding the database.