Winthrop Fund Board
The Winthrop Fund Board is a group of distinguished men and women made up of alumni and parents of Winthrop students. The purpose of this board is to maintain and enhance Winthrop’s integrity and future, while ensuring that each student has access to the superior educational opportunities available at Winthrop. Winthrop Fund Board members are asked to serve a three-year term and may be invited to extend their term. Below are the expectations of Winthrop Fund Board members:
- Attend bi-annual board meetings, which are held in the fall and spring of each year.
- Financially support Winthrop at a level of contribution that is comfortable and acceptable for the board member.
- Nominate at least one potential board member per year to serve on the Winthrop Fund Board.
- Personally contact alumni and friends of Winthrop through letters, phone calls, and visits to share upcoming event details and available involvement opportunities.
- Complete monthly thank you acknowledgments to donors who have made a gift.
- Attend university-wide events when able.