THEATRE CHARLOTTE Auditions for GYPSY on JULY 22 and 23 at 7 pm (No appointment necessary). THOSE AUDITIONING FOR SINGING AND DANCING ROLES SHOULD BRING SHEET MUSIC FOR 16 BARS TO SING AND BE DRESSED TO DANCE A COMBINATION TAUGHT AT THE AUDITION. NON-SINGING ROLES WILL BE CAST FROM SCRIPT READINGS. PERFORMANCE DATES: September 6-22, 2013 (rehearsals are typically Sunday through Thursday evenings, with some exceptions.
- Theatre Charlotte is seeking a Lighting Designer and a Set Designer for the opening show of its 86th season, Gypsy. This is a paid position and production meetings will begin in the next two weeks. Please contact Chris Timmons at email@example.com for more information or to apply, please send a resume and examples of previous design work to the same email.
- Theatre Charlotte is now accepting applications for Designers and Stage Managers for the 2013-14 season. Interested Lighting Designers, Set Designers, Costume Designers and Stage Managers should send a letter of inquiry, along with a resume and references (including contact info) to Chris Timmons at firstname.lastname@example.org. All positions receive an honorarium on a per show basis and all positions are currently open.
- Check the employment listings on the Backstage Employment Network.
- Search FREE for jobs in the performing arts at Variety online.
- Check out City Year, a one-year internship to develop leadership and job skills.
- For national internships, go to Arts Opportunities. This site provides a state-by-state guide to arts internships.
- The Cultural and heritage Museum of York County has a variety of internshps for the summer. http://www.chmuseums.org/intern-opportunities.
- The Institute of Outdoor Drama (IOD) represents theatre companies which produce historical plays, Shakespeare and renaissance festivals, musical and dramatic productions and religious dramas in open air theatres throughout North America. Our member theatres include equity, non-equity and community/volunteer production companies. Most perform for a full summer season, and a number continue past the summer in indoor venues. We are establishing a national database of students who may be interested in the opportunity of interning with our member theatres in areas of management and administration. Interested students can fill out and submit the attached registration form, which is also posted on our website at http://outdoordrama.unc.edu/directory/internship-program.