Internships with Actor's Theatre of Charlotte
The department maintains an exclusive internship program with Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte, the only Equity Theatre in the Charlotte metropolitan area. Winthrop students work as performers, production assistants and marketing associates alongside the professionals on ATC’s staff. For almost two decades of successful activity, ATC has been committed to producing contemporary and new works.
Here's how the internship works:
- ATC identifies roles and production openings.
- The department announces the openings to junior and senior majors who then apply for the opportunities.
- Winthrop faculty review the applications and recommend finalists for interviews/auditions with ATC.
- ATC schedules auditions/interviews and select interns. Final selection must meet the approval of the department chair as well as the ATC artistic staff.
- Students enroll in THRA or DANA 471 (Internship in theatre of dance) for three credits.
Actor's Theatre of Charlotte also offers Winthrop theatre and dance majors student rush tickets for all its productions. Tickets are half-price with a valid student I.D. Ten minutes before curtain time, any remaining tickets will be sold as rush tickets.
Actor's Theatre of Charlotte information