Healthcare Management Certificate
Winthrop University and the College of Business Administration have developed a comprehensive academic certificate program in the field of Healthcare Management. It is the primary goal to be a bridge program for those professionals between their 2 year professional degrees in healthcare and their four year degrees. Many employees in the healthcare industry have professional degrees and training in their specific fields but do not possess the business background that allows them to understand management of services and the business/office side of many healthcare institutions. This program will be a way of training healthcare professionals on the business side so that they can move into more management roles with in their institutions. Moreover, clinical professional who are interested in moving into management in their chosen healthcare field are highly encouraged to participate in this program.
The Healthcare Management Certificate Program is a 15 credit hour training program (optional internship course will provide 18 credit hours of course instruction) designed to prepare individuals in the healthcare field to become more effective managers and supervisors. Students will increase their overall understanding of management issues and concepts so they can make well-informed decisions. The comprehensive program allows students to receive management training while maintaining full-time work schedules
Who Should Attend
- Physicians, nurses, physicians’ assistants, therapists, laboratory technicians, social workers, and other healthcare professionals who have recently been promoted or accepted a position as a manager or supervisor or would like to advance their career and move into the business side of healthcare administration or into management.
- Current employees, managers or supervisors in healthcare settings, such as hospitals, physicians’ offices, rehabilitation centers, etc.
- Healthcare systems looking to provide cost-effective training opportunities to supplement an internal training agenda or professional development plan.
- Managers and supervisors in other fields seeking to enter the healthcare profession.
- Healthcare professionals looking to bridge the gap between a two year professional degree and a four year bachelor’s degree.
The increasing need for healthcare related services raises a need for competent and innovative managers in today’s rapidly changing healthcare market. The objective of the certification is to expose healthcare employees and managers to new skills and trainings in management, leadership, communication, group dynamic, and conflict management. Each student will have the opportunity to take five courses with training centered on managerial roles, planning and marketing, the legal environment, and the economics and finance of healthcare.
- HCMT 200
- HCMT 300
- HCMT 302
- HCMT 303
- HCMT 492
- HCMT 491 (optional internship course)
This 5 - course comprehensive academic certificate program in healthcare management from Winthrop University’s College of Business Administration will provide you with the strategic planning and decision-making tools required of a leader in the healthcare industry.
For more information please contact Dr. Mike Matthews, Professor of Management, at email@example.com or the Office of Admissions for Winthrop University.