Mission of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Degree Program
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree prepares students for careers in software design and implementation and for graduate study in Computer Science. The students in this program are provided with a background that allows them to progress toward leadership roles.
Objectives and Outcomes for the B.S. in Computer Science Degree
The College of Business Administration focuses on achieving the following objectives and outcomes for the BS Computer Science Degree:
- Produce Graduates who can work in Software Design and Implementation
1. Proficiency in one or more programming languages
2. Proficiency in problem analysis and design of an application
3. Proficiency in implementation of an application
4. Ability to communicate effectively on technical subjects in the field of computing in oral and written forms.
- Produce Graduates who enter Graduate Programs in Computer Science or Related Areas
1. Proficiency in the Foundations of Computer Science
2. Ability to Analyze and Solve Complex Problems
- Produce Graduates who Work in Leadership Roles
1. Ability to work effectively in Teams
2. Ability to Take and Leadership Role
3. Development of Interpersonal Communication Skills
Mission of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration / Computer Information Systems Option
The mission of the Computer Information Systems option of the B.S. in Business Administration degree is to educate students in the principles and practices of computer information systems, preparing them for careers in the software development and computer information systems industries.