Creating Caring Connections Conference
2014 Conference Handouts
A conference for direct service providers and their supervisors who are working in settings related to aging, disabilities, HIV/AIDS, long term care services for adults and children, end of life care and more.
Thursday, September 25 and Friday, September 26, 2014
Baxter Hood Center in Rock Hill, SC
Conference registration opened July 1, 2014
Handouts for the 2014 Conference are now available.
The theme for this year’s conference is ‘The Game of Life: Rising to the Next Level.’ With every tick of the clock, life is presenting new challenges, requiring so much of the professionals who are working in human services. The game of life includes ups and downs, twists and turns, sometimes leaving us feeling like we are trudging through the Molasses Swamp in Candy Land and other times like we have made a sweet combination in Candy Crush. This year’s theme was designed to provide the tools, skills, and knowledge for attendees to rise to the next level of growth as a professional, developing advanced skills as a new professional or passing the torch on to the next generation as a mature professional. We are looking for presenters who can combine a fun and interactive approach for disseminating information and building attendees’ professional skills, while also reminding them to have fun and relax. Knowing how to practice self-care in the game of life is essential to navigating the field of human services. This playful theme provides our conference audience with a brief respite from the field so that they might respawn with a fresh outlook on their practice and career. Join us as we level up!
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by the Center for Social Welfare Research & Assessment and the Social Work Department at Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC
In partnership with the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services- Bureau of Long Term Care and Behavioral Health
AHEC will award the following continuing education credit
- Long Term Care Administrators - 10 hours approved by the SC Board of Long Term Care Administrators
- Nurses - 10.25 hours approved by the SC Nurses Association
- Social Workers - 10.25 hours by the SC Board of Social Work Examiners
- Counselors & Therapists - 10.25 hours by SC AHEC under its accreditation by the SC Board of Examiners for Licensure of Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists
- AHEC 10.25 clock hours or 1 CEU
*Participants must attend 90% of the program in order to receive a certificate of attendance. No partial credit will be given.
- Discuss new ways that we can connect with one another and those we serve to enhance the quality of care we provide in our own communities and across the state.
- Learn about creative ways that service providers are working together to increase their capacity for quality programs and direct care.
- Network with others and rejuvenate our passion for providing the best services we can offer.
2014 Save the Date Card
The 2013 Conference Program
This annual conference began through a partnership between the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Bureau of Community Long Term Care and Behavioral Health Services and the Center for Social Welfare Research and Assessment in the Department of Social Work at Winthrop University. Its purpose is to share the research findings that have been done on behalf of the Bureau and the clients they serve. As a result, professionals providing long term care services have an opportunity to learn about research that can then be applied into practice.
The conference also provides a statewide forum for discussions about topics and trends that impact our communities. A great by-product of the conference has been the opportunity to establish and renew alliances among those committed to providing long term care services. Conference participants include social workers, nurses, administrators, case managers, community practitioners, and other human service professionals.