Internships provide an opportunity to gain real world experience in college. Employers want evidence of professional experience, preferably through two or three internships. Internships can lead to job offers at the internship placement.
One to three internships may be taken for a maximum of three credit hours. After you’re approved for an internship, a contract must be completed between you, the employer, and Winthrop University. For academic credit to be given, a record of your progress must be kept. Specific guidelines will be set up in the internship contract, but minimum requirements include:
- A weekly report must be sent to your internship faculty adviser showing the work you have completed
- A mid-semester evaluation by the employer of the student
- A final report that summarizes, reviews and analyzes the internship experience must be submitted no later than 10 days after completing the internship
- A confidential evaluation by the employer of student’s work and ability must be sent to the internship faculty advise
- A course evaluation must be completed by the intern
Internship forms are available on the department's forms page.