All IMC majors must complete at least one supervised internship for credit. Students must seek their own internships after consulting with Dr. Marilyn Sarow, who coordinates all IMC internships. Internships require approval by the student, on-site supervisor, faculty adviser, department chair, and dean of the College of Arts and Sciences followed by registration in the course and fee payment for the credit. Deadlines for internship applications are May 1 for Fall Semester, November 1 for Spring Semester, and April 1 for Summer session.
Because internships are expected to provide meaningful professional experience related to one’s major, not all proposed internships will be approved. In addition to gaining approval for internship sites, students must meet the following academic requirement in the major: completion of IMCO 105, MCOM 241, MCOM 370, MCOM 341, MKTG 380, MGMT 321 AND MKTG 481 with a C- or better in each course.
The Integrated Marketing Communication Internship Package (pdf - 149.67 KB) (includes final report outline) has all the necessary information and forms needed for an internship for credit. Be sure to also print the Check Sheet (pdf - 76 KB) for internships to help you in the process.
- Addison Whitney, Charlotte, N.C.
- American Red Cross, York County Chapter, Rock Hill, S.C.
- Baxter Hood Center, Rock Hill, S.C.
- BFJ Communications, Blufton, SC
- Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Charlotte, N.C.
- CBS Radio, Charlotte, N.C.
- Charlotte Bobcats, Charlotte, N.C.
- Charlotte Checkers, Charlotte, N.C.
- Charlotte Knights, Charlotte, NC
- Continental Tire, Charlotte, N.C.
- Digitas Heath, Philadelphia, P.A.
- ESPN, New York, N.Y.
- Foundation for the Carolinas, Charlotte, N.C.
- Goodrich Corporation, Charlotte, N.C.
- Halos, Charleston, S.C.
- Hill Holliday, Boston, MA
- Keystone, Inc., Rock Hill, S.C.
- Lemmonds Design, Fort Mill, S.C.
- Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte, N.C.
- Moonlight Creative Group, Charlotte, N.C.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association, Charlotte, N.C.
- National Communications Association, Washington, D.C.
- Novant Presbyterian Hospital, Charlotte, N.C.
- Rock Hill Galleria, Rock Hill, S.C.
- Rock Hill Parks and Recreation, Rock Hill, S.C.
- Spark Strategic Ideas, Charlotte, N.C.
- South Park Mall, Charlotte, N.C.
- Tatoo Project Ad Agency, Charlotte, NC
- The Charlotte Affiliate - Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Charlotte, N.C.
- 3D Systems, Rock Hill, S.C.
- York County Arts Council, Rock Hill, S.C.
- York County Cultural and Heritage Museum, Rock Hill, S.C.
- York County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Rock Hill, SC