Mission and Core Competencies
Engage. Learn. Integrate.
Our mission is simple. We promote an active learning environment to empower students to analyze, evaluate, synthesize and use multiple ideas, concepts, skills and viewpoints in an integrative and collaborative manner.
By the time of graduation, mass communication majors will be able to gather, organize and process information; conduct interviews; write in professional style to a professional level of competence; and edit and produce in printed, broadcast or digital form; all while meeting standards of professional ethics.
By the time of graduation, integrated marketing communication majors will be able to gather, organize and process information and data, conduct interviews, write in professional style to a professional level of competence, and produce marketing communication messages and materials in printed, electronic or multimedia form, all while meeting standards of professional ethics.
Our programs are designed to:
- Provide professional education to prepare students to enter and succeed in the journalism, broadcasting, digital, and integrated marketing communication fields.
- Instill a continuing urge for inquiry and learning through a sound liberal arts education.
- Develop skills to think critically and communicate clearly.
- Promote awareness of the theoretical, ethical and legal environments that affect the fields of mass communication and integrated marketing communication.
- Develop global awareness and understand interconnectedness of cultures.
- Promote understanding about the past, present and future of the discipline through exploring diversity of ideas, opinions, representations and actions that impact the individual, community and society in a globally interconnected world.
- Our programs are designed to deliver professional competences endorsed by our accrediting body.