Winthrop University Masthead
Search the site or search for people
Resource Center for Adult Students

Academic Advising

Once admitted as a degree seeking student, you will be assigned an academic advisor who will assist you in planning your class schedule and determining what courses you need. Academic advisors typically are faculty in your major’s department and can offer you advice on class choice, out-of-class opportunities, and career development. three adults at laptop

All new transfer or freshman students should plan on attending an orientation session to register for their first semester of coursework. During orientation, you will learn about academic policies and procedures, meet with your academic college, and register for classes. Failure to register and attend an orientation session can result in a delay in registering for courses.

If you are uncertain as to your degree choice, you may enter Winthrop as an undeclared and make your degree choice later. The Center for Career and Civic Engagement offers a wide variety of services to assist you in developing a career path and major choice.

Staff in Military, Adult, and Transfer Services are available to assist you in discussing major choice, class choice, and other academic policies.

Military, Adult, & Transfer Services (MATS)
108 Dinkins Hall
Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA
803/323-3910 (fax)

Campus MapAcademic CalendarsAcademic Success Center (ASC)Disability ServicesFacebookAdobe ReaderWingspan
Winthrop Home Page