The mission of Military, Adult, and Transfer Services at Winthrop University is to provide support services, programming, and advocacy for military, adult, and transfer student populations. Military, Adult, and Transfer Services collaborates with campus offices to attend to the unique needs of our student populations and coordinates university efforts on their behalf.
Military, Adult, and Transfer Services serves its students in the following ways:
- Developing and implementing new and enhanced educational and social programs and services
- Serving as a campus consultant and advocate for adult student needs
- Assisting students in navigating the university’s policies and procedures
- Providing individual consultations for students related to academic and personal concerns, and offering referrals to campus resources and offices
- Facilitating educational and training programs for faculty and staff to support the recruitment, retention, and graduation of adult students
Military, Adult, and Transfer Services identifies its students as follows:
- Military: Students who have previously served or are currently serving in the United States military. This includes National Guard, reservists, active duty, veterans, and retired service members.
- Adult: Students who are considered post-traditional, either due to age or self-identified due to personal attributes
- Transfer: Students who enrolled in Winthrop following enrollment at another college or university (excluding dual enrollment as high school students)
Any student who identifies as part of these populations is welcome to make use of the office's services.