The mission of the Resource Center for Adult Students at Winthrop University is to provide support services, programming, and advocacy for post-traditional, veteran, and transfer student populations. The Resource Center collaborates with campus offices to attend to the unique needs of post-traditional, veteran, and transfer students and coordinates university efforts on their behalf.
The Resource Center for Adult Students serves post-traditional, veteran, and transfer students in the following ways:
- Developing and implementing new and enhanced educational and social programs and services
- Serving as a campus consultant and advocate for adult student needs
- Assisting students in navigating the university’s policies and procedures
- Providing individual consultations for students related to academic and personal concerns, and offering referrals to campus resources and offices
- Facilitating educational and training programs for faculty and staff to support the recruitment, retention, and graduation of adult students