Frequently Asked Questions
What distinguishes Winthrop from other universities?
Back to Frequently Asked Questions
- Winthrop provides learning experiences in and out of the classroom, promotes residential experiences, and cultivates cultural experiences one person at a time.
- Students participate in a highly personalized, engaging, and progressively developmental series of experiences.
- Winthrop becomes a true "home" to all who gather here each year, a special community of learners united by shared values.
- Winthrop's goal is to prepare students to be both leaders in their professions and leaders in their communities.
- 100 percent national accreditations are available.
- Listed by Consumers Digest as one of the top 50 "Best Values" among public universities in the nation; also recognized by U.S. News and World Report, the Templeton Foundation and the Princeton Review.
- Winthrop achieved a state performance rating of "substantially exceeds standards," giving Winthrop the top sustained high performance record of all the public universities in the state.
- Winthrop is among the nation's top performing institutions in terms of engaging students in activities that are predictors of success in later life (based on participation in the National Survey of Student Engagement).
- Winthrop's unique University College delivers the distinctive Winthrop Experience to all our students.