Congratulations on your admission and welcome to the Winthrop community! We look forward to learning more about you and your educational goals, presenting you with information on the next steps in your journey to attend Winthrop, and sharing our unique campus traditions with you.
Now that you have been admitted, we encourage you to review the steps that lead to enrollment:
- All admitted students will need to obtain a Winthrop E-mail account. This account will be used to log on to Wingspan, the student portal. You will register for classes on Wingspan. You may register for an e-mail account by logging on to your enrollment checklist.
- If you plan to apply for financial aid, click here to view complete information on the financial aid process.
- Students who plan to enroll in the fall semester are encouraged to submit the FAFSA by March 1.
- Students who plan to enroll in the spring semester are encouraged to submit the FAFSA as soon as possible.
- Review your residency status on your enrollment checklist. If you live in South Carolina or claim entitlement to in-state residency, the state requires that you submit a residency form. If your residency status is non-resident, click on the link to print the applicable form and return it to the Office of Admissions immediately. (Note: submission of a form is not required if your residency status is RESIDENT.) You cannot be considered for the LIFE or HOPE Scholarship until your residency status is changed to resident. Complete information on South Carolina residency for tuition payment purposes can be viewed by clicking on this link.
- Living on campus is the best way of becoming immersed in life at Winthrop. Information on reserving a room will be sent to you by our Department of Residence Life. Submit your housing reservation forms early! Housing is assigned by the date your residence hall application is received.
- Register for an Orientation program. During Orientation, you will meet other new students and your Orientation leader who is a current Winthrop student. Additionally, you will receive information on your major and register for classes. Family members are encouraged to take advantage of Family Orientation, a program offered concurrently with the first day of each of the student sessions. Register for Orientation by logging on to your enrollment checklist.
- Return your LEAP reservation form by May 1 if you have been admitted to the LEAP Program.
- Submit your enrollment fee. An enrollment fee of $300 is required to reserve your place in the fall class. The fee is non-refundable, so you are strongly encouraged to submit it only after you have confirmed your plans to enroll at Winthrop. Refer to your letter of admission for your deposit deadline. (An enrollment fee is not required for students who begin classes in the spring semester.)
- Submit your immunization documentation (pdf - 461.76 KB). All students must present immunization documentation before registering for classes. The medical form must be submitted to the Department of Health and Counseling Services prior to class registration. Please note that documentation means a health care provider or a health department must sign the form. For more information, you may call Health and Counseling Services at (803) 323-2206.
- Plan to become engaged on campus. Visit the Department of Student Affairs web site and click on Programs and Services to learn more about clubs and organizations, leadership opportunities, Greek life, recreation, multicultural student life, and service learning.
- Ensure that your legal presence is verified. The State of South Carolina requires that legal presence in the United States be verified for all students before enrollment in a public college or university. For most students, legal presence will be verified through a process that has been adopted by the University. Some students may be required to provide documentation when they participate in an Orientation. Complete information on the requirement can be viewed by clicking here.
Your personal admissions counselor and the entire admissions staff are available to provide additional information to you and your family as you complete the enrollment process. Go Eagles!
Information for Admitted Students
PDF versions of the information that is enclosed in your acceptance packet are provided below. Please contact our office if additional information is desired.
Information on Winthrop programs and services that may be of interest to you are provided below.