Tips for a Successful Campus Visit Experience for Your Group
Campus visits for groups with students in grades 10-12 typically include a tour and presentation, but we would be happy to tailor a visit for your specific group. For groups with students in grades 9 and below, we offer a campus visit activity that encourages students to consider college as part of their future plans. We also provide information on the general preparations that are needed to attend college.
If you are interested in eating lunch on campus, please contact Dining Services at 803-323-2119. For all other information and for scheduling your group visit, please contact the Office of Admissions at 803-323-2191 or 800-WINTHROP (946-8476).
We are very excited that you have chosen to visit Winthrop, and before your visit, we ask that you review the following Campus Visit Expectations:
- Please schedule your visit at least one week in advance and provide the name and number of someone we can contact on the day of the visit, if necessary.
- Please arrive on time or call if you are going to be late. We cannot guarantee a complete visit experience if your group does not arrive on time. Remember to review and bring your directions the day of the visit.
- We request that you provide at least one chaperone for every 10-15 students. Each chaperone will be responsible for their students throughout the visit.
- Please ask your students and chaperones to turn off all cell phones prior to arriving on campus so that they do not miss any of the exciting information we have to share with them.
- Winthrop, first and foremost, is an educational institution, and we ask that your students and chaperones be respectful of our campus, students, and staff throughout your visit.
- Please encourage your students to come prepared with questions so that they can make the most of their campus visit.
We hope that your group enjoys your visit and will come back and see us again!
For local accommodations and attractions, driving distances and directions, and other information on the area, check out the Visitors' Center page. If time allows, be sure to check out a Winthrop athletic event, musical performance or theatre production, or one of the many events sponsored by Dinkins Student Union programming board.