Transfer Application Process
A completed transfer application must include the following:
- completed application form
- $40 application fee
- official transcripts of all post-secondary course work mailed directly from each institution attended
- official final high school transcript mailed directly from the high school and SAT or ACT scores (required for transfer applicants who have attempted less than 30 semester [45 quarter] hours of course work at previous institutions)
Transfer applicants who have attempted 13 semester (19.5 quarter) or more hours (excluding courses designated as remedial or developmental) of course work from a regionally accredited institution must present a cumulative grade point ratio of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants must also earn a 2.0 GPR for the last term of attendance.
Transfer applicants who have attempted 12 semester (18 quarter) or fewer hours (excluding courses designated as remedial or developmental) will be evaluated on their performance in college, high school GPA, and SAT or ACT scores. Emphasis will be placed on grades earned in college courses.
Transfer applicants must have official transcripts of all college course work (part- or full-time attempted or completed) from every institution attended (whether or not credit was earned or desired) sent directly from the registrar of each institution to the Winthrop University Office of Admissions.
Additional requirements for transfer students from foreign institutions:
Winthrop University does not evaluate transcripts from foreign institutions. Your application will be considered incomplete until an official course-by-course credential evaluation is received by the Office of Admissions. The credential evaluation must be performed by World Education Services (www.wes.org) or by an agency that is a member of NACES (www.naces.org/members.htm).
- All transfer applicants must be eligible to return to the last institution attended.
- Course work posted on the transcripts from the institutions other than the original college where work was actually completed is not acceptable. The application will be considered incomplete until a separate transcript from each institution has been received by the Office of Admissions.
- Standardized test scores are not required for applicants who have been out of high school for five years or longer.
- Course work completed at an institution that does not hold accreditation from the commission on colleges of a regional accreditation agency will be evaluated for transfer credit to Winthrop University on an individual basis.