Winthrop University Home Page
Menu Header

How to Reserve Space for an Event

Non-academic and Specialized Space

In order to reserve non-academic or specialized space for an event, the faculty, staff, or student should contact the appropriate Space Use Manager (see the list here: Space Use Managers and Approval List) to determine availability, then submit an Online Space Request form. To reserve a computer lab, please call the IT Help Desk at 323-2400.

Academic Space

To view a detailed inventory of all reservable classrooms on campus, visit "General Classrooms." Faculty and staff who wish to reserve instructional space for internal meetings, review sessions, student presentations, etc., should complete the information page at with the event name, date, time, number of attendees, and preferred building and/or room. Additional comments may be entered as needed to clarify request.

If the event will be held by an approved student organization, and/or if the event will need any special setup, AV equipment other than what is normally in the room, Campus Police support, or if the event needs to be linked on the University’s Master Calendar, an Online Space Request Form should be submitted at least ten days beforehand, rather than emailing the Academic Scheduling Office.

Internal users who are requesting space on behalf of an external group and external users should contact the Office of University Events to inquire about renting space on campus for an event.


© Winthrop University · 701 Oakland Avenue · Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA · 803/323-2211